Friday, July 20, 2012

Letter from Tara Funk Grim

Received a lovely message from Tara Funk Grim. Tara is a long time Redeemer friend who displays in our Art Show. We look forward to hosting this event again. Soon!

####

My heart is with you all in this moment. The Church of the Redeemer was the most beautiful church I have attended filled with loving people and a history that began with the town of Longport. I am so sorry. My heart aches for ...the beautiful church, windows, and for the community.

I read Michael Cohen's heartfelt statement about the special power over those who sat in its pews, amid its walnut paneling awash in the glow of its intricate stained glass windows. Its power even transcended denomination and faith. It has been very special moments for me to be there in worship with you.

I cannot tell you how much The Church of the Redeemer has meant to me personally and to the people I have had the privilege to show the Church for their first time during the art show. I am so deeply saddened.

Tara Funk Grim

No comments:

Post a Comment